Tuesday 10 March 2009

my first post

wow this pretty strange, I appear to writing into the big ether (if that's how you spell it) Any way I am under strict orders to tell about all the stuff in and around my head.
Actually, this could work as cheap therapy, you know, on the couch with lab top ......... letting it all out, purging oneself of the horrors, Only joking.
I guess the beginning is out on the hills from an early age, taking in all the natural art, the shapes and swirls in rock and stone, the majestic presence of trees, twisting roots showing themselves, worn shiny with the passing punters. The skyline of mountains to clouds; they all are present in the design mechanics that kick in as soon as something looks interesting, it is not always a design request from a client but something intriguing.
I didn't write my profile but it is true I do love wood. Like with paint, charcoal or clay, artists feel absolutely confident when you use a certain medium; because you are guaranteed success.
I think how I should do this is by telling ether about each job, a wee selection of the defining moments and ideas relative to the job in hand, so to speak. That will be next time.

1 comment:

  1. 'The majestic presence of trees'. What a great thought. Thanks. C

    ReplyDelete